The Resin Bonded Surfacing System provides an attractive, hard-wearing and low maintenance surface by bonding or fixing loose gravel aggregates to concrete, asphalt, wood or metal.
Aggregates bonded in this way give the appearance of loose gravel without the many maintenance problems. A wide range of natural and recycled aggregates are available, making it ideal for heritage sites, landscaping schemes, parks, paths, driveways, roads and visitor attractions.
Resin Bonded systems provide a great alternative to block paving, tarmac and concrete finishes.
- Aesthetically pleasing – decorative natural appearance
- Durable – hard-wearing and resilient
- Low maintenance – occasional sweeping or pressure washing
- Fixed – does not move, migrate or wash away
- Anti-slip – textured aggregates provide a good anti-skid surface
- Application – to asphalt, concrete, timber and steel surfaces
Resin bonded gravel surfaces are very resilient, however life spans will depend on usage and choice of aggregate. Typical examples of expected life are as follows:
- Footpaths using a 2-5mm Brittany Bronze – 8-15 years
- Domestic Drives using a 1-3mm Chinese Bauxite – 8-15 years
- Car Parks using a 1-3mm Guyanan Bauxite – 5-10 years
- Roads using 1-3mm Chinese Bauxite – 5-8 years
For technical reasons connected with colour reproduction, the colours shown on this page may not exactly match the aggregates supplied and do not represent any particular finish or texture. Some of the gravel and shingles supplied may occasionally contain minor concentrations of iron minerals, which upon weathering may result in areas of rust spot staining.
For an accurate colour sample, please contact us.